Make Your OWN Garlic Powder
What seasonings and spices do you use most? For us, it is most definitely GARLIC powder, salt, and pepper. I love Italian foods but I find myself adding garlic to almost every recipe (Italian or not). Making my own garlic powder has been on my mind for a while but I had never tried it. It seemed intimidating to me. The Electric Mill by Kyocera made it incredibly easy! I can’t believe I waited this long to make it myself!
How to Make Your Own Garlic Powder
Making your garlic powder is actually pretty easy! Just seven simple steps!
- Break apart as many heads of garlic as you would like into individual cloves.
- Peel the garlic cloves. The best way to peel the cloves is to press the clove with the back of a spoon on a hard surface until you hear a cracking sound. Squishing it flat will make it difficult to peel but you can push firmly until you hear the first crack. This will break away the peel from the garlic which will allow the peel to come off quickly and easily!
- Slice the peeled garlic cloves into thin slices.
- Lay sliced garlic on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven on the lowest setting your oven will allow for approximately two-three hours until dry and easy to crumble.
- Place in the Kyocera Electric Mill.
- Grind directly into a recipe or grind and store in a sealed, air-tight container.
About the Kyocera Electric Mill
The Kyocera Electric Mill works fast and quietly to grind seasonings and herbs into your choice of fine or coarse pieces with its adjustable grind feature.
After placing the four AA batteries inside, the Electric Mill is all ready to use. Place the garlic (or any other dry herbs, salts, or peppers) into the mill and then adjust the dial on the bottom to the grade you want (fine to coarse). Next, press the one-hand touch-activated button that is on the top of the Electric Mill. Watch as it grinds it into the perfect texture suitable for your needs right into the matching stand.
Additional Features include:
- A frosted window displaying contents inside
- Great durability that lasts longer than any metal-based grinding system
- Non-rusting/non-absorbing flavors ceramic advanced burr mill mechanism
I have already used my fresh garlic powder in a couple of recipes and can’t wait to cook again tonight! I can KNOW that there are no additives in my garlic powder, as well as, I know it has not been sitting in a warehouse for months prior to sitting in my cabinet. It is FRESH garlic… made by… ME! The Kyocera Electric Mill made it super easy to make. Next up, I am grinding my own salt! What will you grind with the Kyocera Electric Mill? I highly recommend using your fresh garlic powder to make Garlic Pesto Grilled Chicken with veggies.
Find the Electric Mill and other kitchen products at Kyocera HERE! I highly recommend using your fresh garlic powder to make Garlic Pesto Grilled Chicken with veggies. And if you cook with garlic a lot you could find out how to grow garlic for a homegrown supply.