NEW at Carowinds – Camp Snoopy Opens March 24th!
It is almost TIME!!! The anxiously awaited day is approaching. Camp Snoopy at Carowinds will be opening on March 24th! Planet Snoopy has been changed over to Camp Snoopy with new rides, a climb and play area, and upgraded amenities surrounded by a natural – looking midway reminiscent of the Carolina wilderness. Let me tell you all about what this new section in Carowinds has to offer! Make sure you go all the way to the bottom to watch a video about Camp Snoopy.
SIX New Rides
- Camp Bus – Buckle up on the wacky camp bus and take a ride that will lift guests up, down and all around.
- PEANUTS™ Trailblazers – Get behind the wheel of a Jeep – themed vehicle and burn rubber on a small, round speedway.
- Kite Eating Tree – Ride along in a kite vehicle that takes you 20 feet to the top of the tree and gently brings you back down.
- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies – Guests will “drive” around the popular Pig-Pen character while bouncing on a bumpy ride.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds – Spin around in an oversized bird’s nest on this classic teacup ride.
- Beagle Scout Acres: This 8,000 – square – foot climb and play area, located behind Wilderness Run (formerly Lucy’s Crabby Cabbies), provides plenty of room to run, play and climb, and lots of shade.
Updates and Renovations
Carowinds classic, Character Carousel is still at the park but has been relocated under a new pavilion near the Vortex. The Carousel has been refreshed and renamed “The Grand Carousel”.
In the location of the former Character Carousel, you will now find a fountain along with seating under shady pergolas where you can rest between rides.
The Snoopy Boutique is now named Camp Store after being renovated to match the Carolina wilderness inspired Camp Snoopy Theme.
What would Camp Snoopy be without a newly renovated Snack Shack which is being renamed to Camp Cook Out.
NEW Pre-K Pass
While the park has undergone some incredible changes, the admission for children ages three to five years old has too! This year, Carowinds has launched a new Pre-K Pass Program where children from three to five can receive a FREE season pass! Not only will this include free admission throughout the year but it also gives them free admission to Carowinds The Great Pumpkin Fest and Winterfest! The only stipulation is that you have to register online prior to May 28, 2018!
Our family LOVES going to Carowinds but I must say, the new Camp Snoopy section has me beyond eager for opening day!
Connect With Carowinds on Social Media
Check out My Four and More’s Birthday Bash Gift Guide full of great birthday gift ideas!