This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Chex™. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Chex Muddy Buddies™ Recipe – Fantastic Holiday Snack Mix
You had me at peanut butter and chocolate! What a combination! Your guests will absolutely love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Chex Muddy Buddies™ recipe this Christmas. Most of the time, if a snack is worth making, it takes so long to prepare. Not with Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Chex Muddy Buddies! It took me about ten minutes and I had this bowl of chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness in this cute little Christmas bowl, all ready to devour!
When making the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios™ and Chex™ Muddy Buddies Party Mix, you can start by picking the ingredients up at your local Publix Grocery Store. Take advantage of the printable coupon for one (1) FREE Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios with the purchase of any three (3) Chex cereals HERE!
How to Make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios Chex Muddy Buddies Party Mix
I started by pouring my Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl. Cut the mini peanut butter cups in half and set aside. In a separate bowl, I placed the Nestlé® semisweet chocolate chips, Skippy® Creamy peanut butter, and butter. Put the bowl in the microwave for a minute and a half (stirring every 30 seconds). Add the McCormick® Pure Vanilla to the mixture and stir well. Next, I poured the microwaved mix over the Chex cereal and gently stirred it in. You do not want to stir too fast or the Chex cereal may crumble.
Scoop the cereal mixture into a two gallon Ziploc® bag. Add the powdered sugar, seal and shake away. Sing some Jingle Bells while you shake. OK, you do not HAVE to but it sure makes it more fun!
Time to add the Planters® salted cocktail peanuts, miniature peanut butter cups, and the, oh so yummy, Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios cereal. Seal the bag back up and finish your Jingle Bells while you shake until everything is well coated!
You are SET. That is IT! Now, for the BEST part…. ENJOY!
Do not forget to grab you a printable coupon for one (1) FREE Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios with the purchase of any three (3) Chex cereals HERE!
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ or Corn Chex Cereal™
- 1 cup Nestlé® semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Skippy® Creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerios™ cereal
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped, cut in half
- 1 cup Planters® salted cocktail peanuts
- Ziploc® 2-4 count containers
- Measure Chex™ Cereal and pour into a large mixing bowl
- Cut miniature peanut butter cups in half and set aside
- Microwave chocolate, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stirring every 30 seconds
- Add vanilla to chocolate mixture and stir well
- Pour chocolate mixture over Chex™ cereal
- Gently stir to coat Chex™ cereal
- Scoop cereal mixture into a Ziploc® bag
- Add powdered sugar to the Ziploc® bag
- Seal bag and shake until cereal is well coated in the powdered sugar
- Add peanut butter cups, peanuts, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheerios™ to the bag.
- Seal and shake until everything is well coated.
- Pour into a serving bowl or store in a Ziploc® container