Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
My friend’s mom always brought her homemade macaroni and cheese to any gathering we had. My husband and I both loved it so much so one day, I watched her make it and decided to try it myself! It is one of those recipes that you think must be really difficult because it tastes soooo good but then you find out just how easy it is to make and wish you had started making it a long time ago!
Yesterday, I got a beautiful Large Ceramic Casserole Dish from Emerson Creek Pottery so I HAD to make some of this yummy mac & cheese tonight for dinner! You won’t ever want boxed Macaroni and Cheese again!
- 1 box of elbow noodles (1 lb)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking dish in the oven with butter until butter is melted then remove the dish from the oven.
- Cook Noodles in a pot over the stove. Drain.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Start with noodles, then cheese, then milk/egg mixture layering into 3 layers in the dish with melted butter. Repeat 3 times until you have 3 complete layers.
- Sprinkle top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray parchment paper with cooking spray. Cover dish with parchment paper then foil.
- Cook for an hour until cheese is melted and it isn’t too runny in the middle.