To Die For Snickers Cheesecake
My mother in law absolutely LOVES Snickers Candy Bars. This year for her birthday I decided to make her a Snickers Cheesecake. OH MY! It turned out incredibly delicious! We had posted photos on Facebook which turned into quite a few friends and family begging for me to share my secret recipe. Well, here it is! Grab a napkin and come back to drool over this delicious cheesecake.
I was a little intimidated by the thought of making a cheesecake. I love to cook and bake but, to be honest, had never taken on the challenge of making a cheesecake. When someone you love has a request, you just got to do what you got to do, right?! I took on the challenge and I was shocked with how easy it was to make! So, don’t let “cheesecake” intimidate you! Give it a try and please come back to let me know how it turned out!
- 1 Box Chocolate Teddy Grahams
- 4 TBSP Butter Melted
- (3) 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c heavy cream
- 2-3 bags of fun size Snickers (depending on how much you like Snickers)
- 1 jar hot fudge topping
- Whipped Cream for topping
1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. Mash the whole box of Teddy Grahams into fine crumbs by hand or in food processor. (TIP – I have found that the Pampered Chef Mix ‘N Chop works GREAT for a job like this!)
3. Chop Snickers bars into 1/4 inch or so chuncks, set aside.
4. Add the melted butter and mix well.
5. Press crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch spring pan. (I took a piece of wax paper with just a tad bit of oil on it to press down crust mixture.)
6. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
7. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
8. Add vanilla and heavy cream and beat for 4 minutes.
9. Fold 1 and a 1/2 cups of the chopped Snickers candy. Set aside the other half.
10. Pour cheesecake batter into the springform pan.
11. Bake in oven for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until the cheesecake is almost set but still slightly jiggly in the center. The top will be golden brown when finished.
12. Turn off the oven, open the oven door and allow cheesecake to cool down WITH the oven.
13. Remove from the oven after about 15 minutes and place on a cooling rack until brought to room temperature.
14. Sprinkle cheesecake with remaining chopped candy.
15. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours prior to serving (I prefer to refrigerate overnight)
16. Remove springform pan and place on a serving plate.
17. Right before serving, drizzle hot fudge over the cheesecake. Slice and serve with whipped cream on top (optional but SO yummy).
18. Get a fork, sit back, and ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.