This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Review Wire Media for BlindSpotz.
Detect Colds Drafts, Let BlindSpotz Give You a Solution
Energy bills in the winter months can cause anxiety for many. Improper insulation, old windows, damaged weather stripping, cracks, or attic access’ leaking cool air all create drafts within your home. Paying a professional to come identify the problem, PLUS fix it can be rather costly and slow. The typical energy efficiency audit costs between $300 and $500. Waiting for the contractor’s schedule to allow them to come inspect and fix the problems, may leave you looking at a couple added weeks with high energy use. BlindSpotz is an inexpensive and easy DIY solution to help you detect cold drafts and find out what needs to be fixed! Make sure you enter the BlindSpotz giveaway after reading more about BlindSpotz!
What is BlindSpotz?
BlindSpotz contains eight temperature gauge sensors (in the form of stickers that do not damage paint) to be placed in various locations in your home for 48 hours to detect cold drafts. Many homes have drafts that creep in undetected forcing your heating system to work extra hard to maintain the proper temperatures throughout your entire home.
How BlindSpotz Works to Detect Cold Drafts
- First off, make sure you are planning to use BlindSpotz when the temperatures are below 32 degrees. Before placing the BlindSpotz on the wall, rub until the circle becomes grey. The warmth of your hands creates a neutral starting temperature and prepares the sensor to begin effectively tracking the temperatures.
- Next, place the sensors in various locations of your home. Do not place on windows, metal, or aluminum frames. They will give a false reading since the surface stays much colder than the actual air itself. I have found BlindSpotz is best to place on walls both high and low.
- Wait 48 hours. This gives a more accurate reading of the actual temperatures within the 48 hours. Refrain from touching the sensor to prevent the warmth of your hands from affecting the reading.
- Take a photo of the sensor(s) after the 48 hours and go HERE to enter your name, email, the sensor photo, and a brief description of what the weather was like during the 48 hours.
- You will then receive an email with a solution to fix the cold drafts to start saving money and prevent overuse of your heating system.
Saves Time and Money
As I said earlier, it can be difficult to get a contractor or “fix it guy” to come to your house to assess the situation. It is not cheap either! Planning a time that works for everyone is hard enough but then knowing most professionals do not come out to give an estimate AND fix the problem all in the same day, you are now having to find two dates that work for both of your schedules. This can take weeks to complete the whole job even if it is a simple fix! Using BlindSpotz gives you a clear answer on what needs to be fixed PRIOR to calling the professional. Some jobs, you may be able to complete yourself which would save a lot of time and money. Even if you can not fix the problem on your own, knowing the solution saves two trips from the professional. BlindSpotz can be ordered on Amazon which allows quick delivery. You can complete the assessment on your own time schedule while cutting out the middleman! After submitting any photos of areas where the sensors detected cold drafts, you will receive an email containing solutions on how to fix the problem, as well as, a coupon for ACE Hardware! Double Win in my books!!
Our bedroom has always been the coldest room in the winter and the hottest room in the summer. I have always wondered why but we never did anything about it. After receiving an electric bill more than double our normal, it was time to do something about it! BlindSpotz asked for me to try out their product and I gladly accepted. Little did I know that our bedroom was not the ONLY problem spot in our home. I could feel the temperature difference in the bedroom but the rest of my home sometimes felt too warm. I did not realize that there was a cold draft exiting from a gap in our attic access which was right above the thermostat. As the cold draft seeped through the attic access, it was making the thermostat read cooler temperatures than the rest of the house. That would spark the heater to kick on, creating the rest of the house to be warmer than the thermostat reading. BlindSpotz detected a cooler reading when I placed the sensor on the wall closer to the attic access. I am looking forward to a lower electric bill!
Connect with BlindSpotz on Social Media
NOW, for a BlindSpotz GIVEAWAY
BlindSpotz is giving away three packages of BlindSpotz to 3 different winners.
If you have won the same prize on another blog, you will not be eligible to win it again.
Check out our Birthday Bash Gift Guide!